[Teas] Consensus call - (Was Re: A clarification request for draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp)

Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net> Tue, 24 February 2015 15:14 UTC

Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 10:13:31 -0500
From: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
To: "teas@ietf.org" <teas@ietf.org>
Cc: "Rakesh Gandhi (rgandhi)" <rgandhi@cisco.com>, "teas-chairs@ietf.org" <teas-chairs@ietf.org>
Subject: [Teas] Consensus call - (Was Re: A clarification request for draft-ietf-teas-mpls-tp-rsvpte-ext-associated-lsp)

All,
    We'd like to confirm what I (as WG chair) see as consensus on this
point.

We believe we have consensus behind requiring that the REVERSE_LSP
Object always be required in the Path message of a single sided type
association.

Please review the published version and send any objections or comments
you may have.  Unless there is objections / discussion on the list to
the contrary *before* March 3rd, I (as Shepherd) will inform the AD
(Adrian) that the WG discussion on this topic is closed.

Editorial comments made during this period should be discussed and
resolved on the list and collected for publication in a new version on
(and not before) March 4th.

One procedure comment / question was asked WRT early allocation.  Per
RFC7120, early allocation procedures  requires:

   c.  The specifications of these code points must be stable; i.e., if
       there is a change, implementations based on the earlier and later
       specifications must be seamlessly interoperable.

We believe the stated change meets this test as the previous rules
allowed for the presence of the REVERSE_LSP object and the new rules
will support establishment of LSPs without the object present.

If you have an implementation and you believe the change will result in
interoperability issues, please speak up -- either on the list or
privately to the chairs .

Thanks,
Lou (and Deborah)