Re: [Techspec] Additional comment on draft-mankin-pub-req-08

Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com> Wed, 14 June 2006 09:11 UTC

Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:11:28 +0200
From: Brian E Carpenter <brc@zurich.ibm.com>
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
Subject: Re: [Techspec] Additional comment on draft-mankin-pub-req-08
Cc: iesg@ietf.org, techspec@ietf.org

I think this is a positioning matter.

This draft is indeed an IETF work product and talks about
IETF requirements. Whether the other publication streams
identified in draft-iab-rfc-editor choose to adopt these
requirements is their business. As Elwyn said (just before
leaving on vacation, btw) the document *could* be reorganised
to suggest which are generic and which are IETF-specific.
But as long as it's an IETF document, that could only be
a suggestion. Given the timeline we're working to, I
personally wouldn't recommend major surgery on the document
for that purpose.

    Brian