[Tmrg-interest] a reviewer for draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-00.txt?

floyd@icir.org (Sally Floyd) Wed, 24 August 2005 19:17 UTC

From: floyd@icir.org
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:17:32 -0700
Subject: [Tmrg-interest] a reviewer for draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-00.txt?

I have submitted draft-irtf-tmrg-metrics-00.txt, a revised version
of draft-floyd-transport-metrics-00.txt, and would like to have
someone from tmrg to review it and suggest modifications (including
adding relevant citations to a wider range of the literature).  Any
volunteers?

This is the draft on Metrics for the Evaluation of Congestion Control
Mechanisms.  It would be good to have some feedback on the draft,
to see if it seems generally useful to the RG (research group).

As a next step, I am going to be writing/editing a draft
on tools for evaluating simulation and testbed scenarios
(e.g., range of connection sizes, range of round-trip times),
and will be soliciting editors for assembling Best Current
Practice scenarios for use in simulation and testbed scenarios
for evaluating congestion control mechanisms.  The hope is that,
through contributions from the RG, we can end up with
Best Current Practice sets of scenarios that are also
good and useful scenarios for evaluating congestion control
mechanisms.  That is, the goal at the end would be for
the best current practice to be a plausibly good and useful one.

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/tmrg/