Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Datatracker improvement requests from IRTF

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Wed, 11 April 2018 19:55 UTC

To: Allison Mankin <allison.mankin@gmail.com>
Cc: Henrik Levkowetz <henrik@levkowetz.com>, Alexey Melnikov <aamelnikov@fastmail.fm>, IETF Tools Development <tools-development@ietf.org>, Matthew Ford <ford@isoc.org>
From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 14:55:28 -0500
Subject: Re: [TOOLS-DEVELOPMENT] Datatracker improvement requests from IRTF

On 4/11/18 2:39 PM, Allison Mankin wrote:
> Hi, Robert, Henrik,
>
> Thanks for the feedback.  Also I'm very pleased by the IRTF States
> search in Advanced search, so thanks for taking
> that in!
>
>>>     2. Rationalize the datatracker view when one searches "irtf" - some of
>>>     the documents are labeled "IRTF RFC Stream," others "Active RG Document"
>>>     - these aren't  useful as is (see attached PNG)...
>>>
>     This needs more explanation.  The first of these indicates that the
>     document is with the RFC Editor, the second that it is with the RG;
>     In other words, these are very different states.  Collapsing them to
>     one doesn't seem to make sense.  What is the actual need here?
>

> The IRTF RFC Stream tags are not actually indicators that the document
> is with the RFC
> Editor, that's the problem.  Here are three documents that all should
> both be "Active RG Document" but one is listed
> as "IRTF RFC Stream" instead:
>
> draft-irtf-hrpc-anonymity.00.txt -IRTF RFC Stream
> draft-irtf-icnrg-mapme-00.txt - IRTF RFC Stream
> draft-irtf-icnrg-flic-01.txt - Active RG Document
The top two documents do not currently have any IRTF state. The search
results view shows the stream when there's no state to show for the
stream. The "IRTF RFC Stream" comes from the stream description (I'll
dig into the code to see exactly where it comes from), not from a state
in the IRTF state machine.