Re: [Tools-discuss] Change in datatracker behavior

"Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk> Wed, 24 July 2013 20:47 UTC

From: Adrian Farrel <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
To: 'Barry Leiba' <barryleiba@computer.org>, 'Henrik Levkowetz' <henrik@levkowetz.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 21:47:08 +0100
Cc: 'IESG' <iesg@ietf.org>, 'Tools Team Discussion' <tools-discuss@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Change in datatracker behavior

Hi,

Thanks for looking.

What I used to get was the datatracker page for the I-D that bare information
and a pointer to the tools version of the I-D.
The datatracker page usefully included the "replaces" information that allowed
you to track back further into history.

It used to be that the History tab of the RFC was fairly boring, but the History
tab of the I-D gave the progress of the I-D. This seems to now be in the History
of the RFC (I think).

I also see that (and this is odd) when I click on the IPR link on the RFC page I
get a search on the I-D name not on the RFC name.  I don't suppose this matters
as the output is probably the same, but it looks odd.
E.g. From http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc6372/ click "IPR Disclosures" and
go to
http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?option=document_search&id=draft-ietf-mpl
s-tp-survive-fwk

I'm not currently blocked from getting the info I need (being a resourceful
rodent), but it is all a bit odd.