IOTP implementation at Brokat -- was RE: IOTP Implementations - Who's on First?

Andras Varga <andras@metechnology.com> Mon, 24 January 2000 11:25 UTC

Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:51:59 +0100
From: Andras Varga <andras@metechnology.com>
Subject: IOTP implementation at Brokat -- was RE: IOTP Implementations - Who's on First?
To: "Ietf-Trade (E-mail)" <ietf-trade@lists.eListX.com>

RE: IOTP Implementations - Who's on First?At Brokat Infosystems (more exactly, at MeTechnology - a
Brokat company,
we have implemented an IOTP system as part of a research project.

The Merchant and the Payment Handler are based on Twister, Brokat's
e-services platform (http://www.brokat.com/us/twister/index.html).

The wallet is a Java applet, with a highly customizable Swing-based user interface.
It can be started by the shop either by MIME-type or embedded in a HTML page.
The wallet does address and payment instrument management; transactions are stored
in a transaction log and can be examined or resumed any time later. The wallet
is multi-user,  user profiles and transactions are stored encrypted on the hard disk.

For a start, we implemented Virtual Customer Card payments (a prepaid scheme).

The system uses IOTP 1.0 messages, but we also defined Server-to-Server messages
so that the Payment Handler can notify the Merchant about the progress of the payment.
These messages can be used as an alternative to the explicit (Consumer-initiated) delivery
requests.

If you are interested in further details, please write.

Andras Varga          MeTechnology - A Brokat Company
andras@metechnology.com