[Trans] Bad Technical Decision: Closing out the SCT encoding discussion

Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com> Fri, 13 March 2015 18:58 UTC

From: Russ Housley <housley@vigilsec.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:58:32 -0400
To: Stephen Farrell <stephen.farrell@cs.tcd.ie>
Cc: Paul Wouters <paul@nohats.ca>, trans@ietf.org, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@gmail.com>
Subject: [Trans] Bad Technical Decision: Closing out the SCT encoding discussion

Stephen:

I strongly disagree with this technical decision.  The content of certificate extensions should be OCTET STRING wrapped ASN.1 structures, and I pointed out the text in RFC 2459 (that remains in RFC 5280) during this discussion.  I am quite concerned with (4) listed below.  I hope you will revisit this decision.

Please treat this as the first step in the appeal of this technical decision.

Russ