Re: [rbridge] [Isis-wg] Progressing draft-ietf-isis-trill

"Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com> Thu, 11 November 2010 05:27 UTC

Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:17:07 -0800
From: "Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)" <ginsberg@cisco.com>
To: Erik Nordmark <erik.nordmark@oracle.com>
Cc: rbridge@postel.org, int-ads@tools.ietf.org, rtg-ads@tools.ietf.org, Ralph Droms <rdroms.ietf@gmail.com>, isis list mailing <isis-wg@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rbridge] [Isis-wg] Progressing draft-ietf-isis-trill
Sender: rbridge-bounces@postel.org

Erik -

We are covering old ground.

No I was not informed of the agreement you mention below - and in fact I
inquired when last call was started on draft-ietf-isis-trill as to what
to expect in the document and I was told otherwise.

Now, we can spend a bunch of cycles trying to track down who to blame
for this confusion - but this is not helpful. There does seem to be
agreement now that both a normative description of the protocol process
changes and the TLV codepoints should be reviewed by IS-IS WG. I would
prefer that this be done in one document - but if two documents is the
format chosen so be it.

What I am not willing to do is pass final judgment on the TLV codepoint
document (draft-ietf-isis-trill) independently of a review of the
protocol process specification - for reasons I have already stated.

   Les

IS-IS