Re: Fwd: Sec-dir review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench-04

Chris Benson <cbenson@adax.com> Mon, 30 January 2012 18:05 UTC

Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:06:32 -0800
From: Chris Benson <cbenson@adax.com>
To: Gorry Fairhurst <gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Sec-dir review of draft-ietf-tsvwg-source-quench-04
Cc: kathleen.moriarty@emc.com, tsvwg@ietf.org, fernando@gont.com.ar

Hi folks,

I only wish to address the WORD used in the draft.  I think it
is not a MUST NOT because other information (perhaps about other
received packets) could be used which in tandem could suggest an
attack. I therefore agree with the sentiment in general, but
think it should be SHOULD NOT.

With thanks, from Chris Benson.