RE: [Tsvwg] Comments on: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-bw-reduction-01.txt

"Dhesikan, Subha" <sdhesika@cisco.com> Mon, 12 September 2005 17:15 UTC

Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] Comments on: draft-ietf-tsvwg-rsvp-bw-reduction-01.txt
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:15:05 -0700
From: "Dhesikan, Subha" <sdhesika@cisco.com>
To: Bob Braden <braden@ISI.EDU>, tsvwg@ietf.org
Cc: "James Polk (jmpolk)" <jmpolk@cisco.com>
Sender: tsvwg-bounces@ietf.org

Bob,

Thanks for your comment.

This draft is about rejecting a portion of the reservation without
tearing
the whole reservation down. This is stated as follows in the document:
"allow an existing reservation to be reduced in allocated bandwidth
in lieu of tearing that reservation down when some of that
reservation's bandwidth is needed for other purposes".

While the examples cited in the document refers to preemption, the
document
is applicable to other scenarios where the routers is unable to honor
the
entire reservation. This is stated as follows in the document:

"The bandwidth allotted to an individual reservation may be reduced
   due to a variety of reasons such as preemption, etc."

I hope the above clarifies the purpose of this document. If it is not
sufficiently
clear, please let us know.

Thanks,
Subha Dhesikan