RE: [Tsvwg] a proposal for a different No-Data-Touch framer for TCP

"Douglas Otis" <dotis@sanlight.net> Tue, 12 February 2002 00:54 UTC

From: Douglas Otis <dotis@sanlight.net>
To: tsvwg@ietf.org
Cc: rdma@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Tsvwg] a proposal for a different No-Data-Touch framer for TCP
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:15:12 -0800
Sender: tsvwg-admin@ietf.org

Steph,

Schemes exclusively supporting layers prior to TCP, used in conjunction with
application designators for placement, are advocating a TCP/application
transport amalgam depreciating the TCP interface paradigms.  There is an
effort at adding a shim to SCTP as a generalization of placement
capabilities.  This TCP amalgam concept introduces a new transport and
interface that should attempt application consolidation if such changes are
allowed.  Would you see a benefit in combining generalized structures found
within the SCTP shim within these various introductions of a new layer for
framing and "out of sequence" synchronization for direct placement within
TCP?

Doug