[Tsvwg] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-usctp-01.txt

Jon Berger <JRB@dataconnection.com> Thu, 22 February 2001 10:54 UTC

From: Jon Berger <JRB@dataconnection.com>
To: Qiaobing Xie <xieqb@cig.mot.com>
Cc: "SIGTRAN LIST (E-mail)" <SIGTRAN@STANDARDS.NORTELNETWORKS.COM>, tsvwg@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 10:50:44 -0000
Subject: [Tsvwg] RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-sigtran-usctp-01.txt
Sender: tsvwg-admin@ietf.org

Qiaobing,

A few more comments on this latest draft.

1) Section 3.2.2
The description of the B and E bits indicates that fragmentation is not
allowed in the P-DATA chunk, but the text in section 5 explicitly states
that fragmentation is allowed.  I think you need to update this section with
the text from the RFC.

2) Section 3.2.2
One thing that isn't explicitly mentioned (although is implied) is when to
calculate the checksum on padding bytes.  Maybe the addition of the
following sentence at the end of the Checksum Coverage section would help?
"Padding at the end of the P-DATA chunk MUST NOT be considered when
calculating the Adler-32 checksum."

3) Section 4.2
The second paragraph states that unreliable data must not be fragmented but
transmitted in one go no matter what the size.  Section 6.9 of the RFC says
that, if fragmentation is supported, messages larger than the MTU must
either be fragmented or not sent at all.  I'm not aware of the reasoning for
this requirement in the RFC but I think we should be consistent.

Jon