Re: [Tsvwg] WGLC on the SCTP Implementer's Guide (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-impguide-14.txt)

Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de> Tue, 23 August 2005 18:17 UTC

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@lurchi.franken.de>
Subject: Re: [Tsvwg] WGLC on the SCTP Implementer's Guide (draft-ietf-tsvwg-sctp-impguide-14.txt)
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:17:19 +0200
To: bidulock@openss7.org
Cc: Joe Touch <touch@ISI.EDU>, tsvwg@ietf.org, jon.peterson@neustar.biz, Allison Mankin <mankin@psg.com>
Sender: tsvwg-bounces@ietf.org

Brian,

the idea is to finalize the work on the IG by making it an
Informational RFC. After that, work on a -bis document which
is basically RFC2960 plus the deltas in the IG will be started
and results in a new protocol specification for SCTP, updating
RFC 2960.

This procedure makes sure that the information in the IG
(what has  changed to RFC 2960 and why) is not lost as compared to
'just making a -bis document'.

Best regards
Michael