making this happen...

dave@sabre.bellcore.com Mon, 14 September 1992 18:39 UTC

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 1992 12:27:13 -0500
To: tuba@lanl.gov
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.NRI.Reston.VA.US
From: dave@sabre.bellcore.com
Subject: making this happen...

can we spend some time discussing the process of making a TUBA
demonstration happen?

First and foremost, where is the WG Charter? If we don't have
a charter, we don't get a WG slot from the secretariat.

I'd like some feedback on the following:

- what can we demonstrate or present in the November timeframe? January?
- should implementors expect to give a presentation to the WG in November?
Just
  what sort of "information" is needed? (I recall some IPAE mail describing
  # lines of code, a few details, is this really what people want?)
- who is willing to publicly admit to implementing TUBA?
- what is the target set of documents we need to have in motion
  by November? IS {RFC1347, CLNPforTUBA I-D, DNSchanges I-D} sufficient?
- anyone, especially someone in network operations, have any ideas about a
  transition plan they'd like to share?

Bellcore has begun implementing TUBA; anyone else care to express their
intentions to implement?
---------
David M. Piscitello
Bellcore NVC 1C322