RE: Proposed URN Namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium - a revision and a question

"Carl Reed OGC Account" <creed@opengeospatial.org> Thu, 11 October 2007 16:10 UTC

From: Carl Reed OGC Account <creed@opengeospatial.org>
To: urn-nid@apps.ietf.org
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:39:32 -0600
Subject: RE: Proposed URN Namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium - a revision and a question

To whom it may concern -

The OGC  'A URN namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) '  <draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt> was released as an Informational RFC on Monday, October 08, 2007 3:08 PM

However, based on comments received from Peter Saint-Andre, late last week I made some changes to the following sections

Relevant ancillary documentation:
Identifier persistence considerations:
Namespace Considerations
Community Considerations

The changes are primarily to strengthen the wording and clarify the OGC ONA process and governance model.

Neither Lisa D nor I were sure how to handle this so we decided I should send the revised document to the urn-nid list and then we can make a determination. I have not submitted this document to  internet-drafts@ietf.org as I did not want to create any confusion.

Guidance appreciated. Thanks and regards

Carl Reed, PhD
CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
OGC

The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying, disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.

"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller