Re: Proposed URN Namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium - a revision and a question

Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com> Fri, 12 October 2007 19:44 UTC

Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 15:46:29 -0400
From: Leslie Daigle <leslie@thinkingcat.com>
To: Carl Reed OGC Account <creed@opengeospatial.org>
Cc: urn-nid@apps.ietf.org
Subject: Re: Proposed URN Namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium - a revision and a question

Hi Carl,

Thanks for sharing -- since submitting it to the Internet-Drafts
repository is not a commitment to permanent publishing,
it would be helpful if you would go ahead and do so.  That
will allow us to be sure we're all talking about the same
version, apply our usual tools, etc.

Thanks,
Leslie.

Carl Reed OGC Account wrote:
> To whom it may concern -
>
> The OGC  'A URN namespace for the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
> '  <draft-creed-ogc-urn-02.txt> was released as an Informational RFC on
> Monday, October 08, 2007 3:08 PM
> However, based on comments received from Peter Saint-Andre, late last
> week I made some changes to the following sections
>
> Relevant ancillary documentation:
> Identifier persistence considerations:
> Namespace Considerations
> Community Considerations
>
> The changes are primarily to strengthen the wording and clarify the OGC
> ONA process and governance model.
>
> Neither Lisa D nor I were sure how to handle this so we decided I should
> send the revised document to the urn-nid list and then we can make a
> determination. I have not submitted this document to
> internet-drafts@ietf.org <mailto:internet-drafts@ietf.org> as I did not
> want to create any confusion.
>
> Guidance appreciated. Thanks and regards
>
> Carl Reed, PhD
> CTO and Executive Director Specification Program
> OGC
>
> The OGC: Helping the World to Communicate Geographically
>
> ---------------------
>
> This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of
> addressee and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged
> information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, copying,
> disclosure, dissemination or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you
> are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender  immediately by
> return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.
>
> "The important thing is not to stop questioning." -- Albert Einstein
> "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature. Life is
> either a daring adventure or nothing." -- Helen Keller

"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle