Request for comments: Delegation of urn:ogf

Freek Dijkstra <Freek.Dijkstra@sara.nl> Wed, 04 May 2011 09:12 UTC

Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 11:12:29 +0200
From: Freek Dijkstra <Freek.Dijkstra@sara.nl>
To: "urn-nid@ietf.org" <urn-nid@ietf.org>
Subject: Request for comments: Delegation of urn:ogf

Hi all,

13 Nov last year [1] I first submitted a I-D requesting a formal URN
delegation for the "urn:ogf:" namespace.

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dijkstra-urn-ogf

So far I did not receive IETF feedback. I recently found some time to
update the document based on feedback from the Open Grid Forum (OGF).

I kindly request list members to review this document.

The purpose of this document is to delegate this namespace to the Open
Grid Forum (OGF). Yes, this just adds another layer of indirection
without technical benefit :), as it only delegates the namespace without
actually assigning identifiers yet. However, we see some limited use of
its namespace, and like to formally document this usage. Hence the
request for delegation.

For review, I particularly appreciate feedback on the text dealing
forward compatibility with RFC2141bis. (I obviously can't refer to that
document yet, but at the same time want subnamespaces to be prepared for
future changes).

FYI, a draft dealing with further delegation of the urn:ogf namespace
can be found at http://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/artf6478. That document will
be on hold until this I-D is published as RFC.

With kind regards,
Freek Dijkstra