[v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-01.txt

internet-drafts@ietf.org Tue, 27 February 2018 19:57 UTC

From: internet-drafts@ietf.org
To: i-d-announce@ietf.org
Cc: v6ops@ietf.org
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 11:57:00 -0800
Subject: [v6ops] I-D Action: draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-01.txt

This draft is a work item of the IPv6 Operations WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Using Conditional Router Advertisements for Enterprise Multihoming
        Authors         : Jen Linkova
                          Massimiliano Stucchi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-01.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2018-02-27

Abstract:
   This document discusses most common scenarios of connecting an
   enterprise network to multiple ISPs using an address space assigned
   by an ISP.  The problem of enterprise multihoming without address
   translation of any form has not been solved yet as it requires both
   the network to select the correct egress ISP based on the packet
   source address and hosts to select the correct source address based
   on the desired egress ISP for that traffic.
   [I-D.ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming] proposes a solution to
   this problem by introducing a new routing functionality (Source
   Address Dependent Routing) to solve the uplink selection issue and
   using Router Advertisements to influence the host source address
   selection.  While the above-mentioned document focuses on solving the
   general problem and on covering various complex use cases, this
   document describes how the solution proposed in
   [I-D.ietf-rtgwg-enterprise-pa-multihoming] can be adopted for limited
   number of common use cases.  In particular, the focus is on scenarios
   where an enterprise network has two Internet uplinks used either in
   primary/backup mode or simultaneously and hosts in that network might
   not yet properly support multihoming as described in [RFC8028].

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras/

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-01
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-01

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-v6ops-conditional-ras-01