Re: [v6ops] Operational Guidance for IPv6 Deployment in IPv4 Sites using ISATAP

"John Mann (ITS)" <john.mann@monash.edu> Tue, 24 May 2011 21:12 UTC

From: "John Mann (ITS)" <john.mann@monash.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 07:12:09 +1000
To: "Templin, Fred L" <Fred.L.Templin@boeing.com>
Cc: "v6ops@ietf.org" <v6ops@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [v6ops] Operational Guidance for IPv6 Deployment in IPv4 Sites using ISATAP

Fred,

I like ISATAP and your draft.

But I'm not sure about
---
9. Alternative Approaches
*
IRON [RFC6179], RANGER [RFC5720], VET [RFC5558] and SEAL [RFC5320]
are a tribute to those in all walks of life who serve with dignity
and honor for the benefit of others.
---

a) it seems out of place in that it doesn't discuss the method used or
service provided by these protocols.
b) is it a round-about way of praising yourself in that you are the author
of those protocols, and of this draft?

======
Also in http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-templin-v6ops-isops-05#section-9
the text "[RFC4554]" doesn't web-link to  http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4554
But I can't tell if this is a original markup problem, or draft->html
converter problem.

Thanks,
    John