RE: [VRRP] Query on Load sharing using VRRP

"Gunaseelan V" <gunav@future.futsoft.com> Thu, 20 November 2003 11:36 UTC

From: Gunaseelan V <gunav@future.futsoft.com>
To: 'Don Provan' <dprovan@bivio.net>, 'Radia Perlman' <Radia.Perlman@Sun.COM>
Cc: vrrp@ietf.org
Subject: RE: [VRRP] Query on Load sharing using VRRP
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:05:32 +0530
Sender: vrrp-admin@ietf.org

Thanks Don and Radia
Now I got the concept that VR MAC address to be used only in case of VRRP
packets, and other IP packets can be sent with either VMAC or physical Mac
address.

But does this cause any issues if we use the L2 switch/Bridge in the LAN
side of the Virtual Router, that learning of 2 diff Mac address for same
port/Router, Here I suppose this will cause only additional entires in the
Switch but no harm, am I correct.

I feel its not mentioned in the Spec , is there a way to include such
modifications also

Best Regards
Gunaseelan V