Re: [weirds] I-D Action: draft-blanchet-weirds-bootstrap-ianaregistries-00.txt

Arturo Servin <aservin@lacnic.net> Fri, 21 June 2013 08:31 UTC

Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 15:31:35 +0700
From: Arturo Servin <aservin@lacnic.net>
To: weirds@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [weirds] I-D Action: draft-blanchet-weirds-bootstrap-ianaregistries-00.txt

Marc,

    It seems that you are focusing too much in that "an XML is very easy
to parse" but you are forgeting the scalability issues that lazy
programers may be.

    As John said in other email we could use all the MUST, MUST NOT that
we can imagine and even though there is no guarantee that those
guidelines would be follow.

    I am not saying that we should not use XML in IANA, just saying that
we must not minimize the operational impact that it could be to IANA.

Regards,
as