Re: [weirds] FW: I-D Action: draft-kong-dnrd-ap-response-json-00.txt

"Linlin Zhou" <zhoulinlin@cnnic.cn> Wed, 13 June 2012 03:29 UTC

From: Linlin Zhou <zhoulinlin@cnnic.cn>
To: 'Andrew Sullivan' <ajs@anvilwalrusden.com>, weirds@ietf.org
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:29:15 +0800
Subject: Re: [weirds] FW: I-D Action: draft-kong-dnrd-ap-response-json-00.txt

Hi,
Thanks for comments.
This draft intends to specify the common response format. So we put more
focus on the technical part. In this version, just a brief paragraph before
section 3.1 is provided related to policy.
Having read the policy & tech thread, IMHO, both the authentication
mechanism and policy making will affect the query and response drafts. The
authentication mechanism supplies the technical solution, and policy
decisions raise the specific requirements. Until now ,at least I am not
quite clear about the authentication mechanism that will be adopted and the
specific requirements for differential classes of service.
So, I think the above work should be done in parallel, in which way, the
protocol could be improved better.
We have done some research wok on authentication, but need more help and
contribution from experts on web authentication and security. We also
welcome more comments from policy experts, providing some specific
requirements for the draft.

Thanks & regards,
Linlin Zhou
CNNIC