Re: NUDGE: WG milestones tool requirements:draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool-00.txt

Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com> Fri, 13 May 2011 16:10 UTC

Subject: Re: NUDGE: WG milestones tool requirements:draft-ietf-genarea-milestones-tool-00.txt
From: Robert Sparks <rjsparks@nostrum.com>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 11:10:03 -0500
To: "DRAGE, Keith (Keith)" <keith.drage@alcatel-lucent.com>
Cc: 'IETF WG chairs' <wgchairs@ietf.org>, 'Paul Hoffman' <paul.hoffman@vpnc.org>

Paul -

The current draft paints a history (or at least a current state of things) that is just not true - if we're going to leave the description of the current state  in the draft (my preference),
please capture it more accurately with the next update.

In particular, it has long been the case for me as a chair and as an AD that the creation and modification (which includes deletion) of milestone text requires AD approval.
Changing dates, and marking things done, has not.

I would argue that if the tool allows different policies (which I think  the threads support), that the defaults represent that policy - I would be disturbed by a policy change inflicted by a tool design.

As I noted above, sometimes milestones are deleted - that needs to be added to the set of things the tool will support.

Thanks,

RjS