Re: Updating resource website for IETF chairs

Greg Wood <ghwood@staff.ietf.org> Tue, 26 October 2021 16:42 UTC

Subject: Re: Updating resource website for IETF chairs
From: Greg Wood <ghwood@staff.ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021 12:42:07 -0400
Cc: WG Chairs <wgchairs@ietf.org>, Joey Salazar <joeygsal@gmail.com>
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca>

Hi,

> On 20, Oct2021, at 16:08, Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ca> wrote:
>

> Greg Wood <ghwood@staff.ietf.org> wrote:
>> We’re looking to update and improve and make more visible resources for
>> working group chairs (and others).
>
>> The content on the current webpage (https://www.ietf.org/chairs) has
>> been adapted and lightly updated to a prototype website at:
>
>> 	https://chairs.ietf.org
>
> Is it a prototype for content, or for look and feel?

Yes, input on both are welcome, though at the moment the focus is on content.

> It's very different than ietf.org.  Is this perhaps using the "new" wiki stuff?

This site uses wiki.js.

> Many of us have missed the left-hand-bar of the old old site
> (still, apparently at www6.ietf.org)
>
>> This is a first adaptation and expected to evolve considerably. Any and
>> all immediate reactions and comments are welcome directly to me. I’ll
>> incorporate those and then circulate an update in a few weeks.
>
>> It would also be useful to have ongoing (or at least more frequent)
>> input from a smaller group of chairs and other folks who provide
>> support and leadership for WGs. If you are willing to provide more
>> in-depth review and input, please also contact me directly and I’ll
>> follow up.
>
> I suggest that the chairs page needs regular user testing with brand-new chairs.
> [And many a selection of old ones who have thick glasses..]

I strongly agree, and this is a first cut at what I expect will be a regular/ongoing process that will involve reviews in this group and other input/testing.

ALSO: any immediate reactions and other input are still very welcome, either on this list or directly to me!

I will also be hanging out Gather.town before the start and after the end of sessions, and during many of the breaks of the IETF 112 meeting week, so would welcome chatting then as well.

Thanks!

-Greg