Re: X.25 MIB Comments

"Dean D. Throop" <throop@dg-rtp.dg.com> Wed, 01 July 1992 12:48 UTC

Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1992 08:23:11 -0400
From: "Dean D. Throop" <throop@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To: rodney@world.std.com
Subject: Re: X.25 MIB Comments
Cc: x25mib@dg-rtp

> From: Rodney L Thayer <rodney@world.std.com>
> Subject: X.25 MIB Comments
> To: x25mib@dg-rtp.dg.com
>

> Unless my mailer corrupted it both part 1 and part 2 of what you just
> mailed were in fact part 1.  Anybody else have this problem?

Apparently my fingers were out of sync with reality when
splitting the file for mailing.  I remailed part 2.

> And, a real comment:
>
> Could we allow a 'none of the above' object for x25ProtocolVersion?  I've
> got several not-quite-standard X.25's I would like to use this on and I
> do not want to return misleading information.

The MIB defines the object identifiers for protocol versions that
are standards coming from CCITT or ISO.  If an organization defines
a variant of X.25 for their own use, they should also define an
object identifier for that variant.  I feel you (or someone) should
define an object identifier for each X.25 variant in the MIB of
variant's sponsor and use it.

Dean Throop		throop@dg-rtp.dg.com