RE: [XCON] Comment on floor control requirements

Michael Hammer <mhammer@cisco.com> Wed, 12 November 2003 16:18 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:16:29 -0500
To: Xiaotao Wu <xiaotaow@cs.columbia.edu>
From: Michael Hammer <mhammer@cisco.com>
Subject: RE: [XCON] Comment on floor control requirements
Cc: Marcus Brunner <brunner@ccrle.nec.de>, "Drage, Keith (Keith)" <drage@lucent.com>, xcon@ietf.org
Sender: xcon-admin@ietf.org

Could you take an equivalent view that the time of a request is simply one
of several attributes used to make a selection of one requesting party to
the conference over another?  The time of arrival of a request for the
floor could be recorded along with the other attributes of the requestor,
and then it is a policy matter for the chair in deciding who gets the floor
next.

Mike