[xml2rfc] ENTITY SYSTEM generated link returns 404 error

ibc at aliax.net ( Iñaki Baz Castillo ) Sat, 28 August 2010 12:32 UTC

From: "ibc at aliax.net"
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:32:39 +0200
Subject: [xml2rfc] ENTITY SYSTEM generated link returns 404 error

2010/8/28 Julian Reschke <julian.reschke at gmx.de>:
> The links that you see in the HTML are produced from <format> tags in the
> reference source and only appear in the HTML. From my point of view these
> are totally useless, as they won't appear in the TXT output anyway.

Thanks for pointing it out :)

> Furthermore, for IDs, xml2rfc (AFAIR) already creates a proper link to
> tools.ietf.org; it appears as hyperlink in the reference, not as additional
> link at the end.

Yes, I've verified that xml2rfc creates links to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-XXXXX.txt

>> IMHO the generated link should point to
>> http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-rosenberg-sipping-ice-01.txt (for the
>> TXT version) and/or
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rosenberg-sipping-ice-01.html (for
>> the HTML version).
>>
>> Is there any workaround toget it working?
>
> They should be there already; I'd also advise to get rid of the useless
> <format> tags. (*)

Yes, I confirm that drafts don't have a <format TYPE=HTML"> in
xml.resources.org database (at least those inspected by me).

>> Also, I would like to know how to get a link to the HTML version of a
>> draft rather than just the TXT version.
>
> There's no official HTML version, so the answer depends on who produced the
> draft, and whether an HTML version was published. (Or are you asking for the
> HTML version generated from the TXT version, as done by tools.ietf.org?).

Humm yes, I think that is exactly what I meant. For example if you
open this HTML version of a draft:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-burke-vxml-03

there you can see a reference to draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12
[MRCPv2]. By clicking such link you get also an HTML link to the
referenced draft:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12

In xml2rpc, a reference to a RFCNNNN becomes a link to
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfcNNNN. Why couldn't a reference to a
draft-xxxxx become a link to ttp://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xxxxx?

Thanks a lot for your help and explanations.

--
I?aki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>