[xml2rfc] ENTITY SYSTEM generated link returns 404 error

julian.reschke at gmx.de (Julian Reschke) Sat, 28 August 2010 12:55 UTC

From: "julian.reschke at gmx.de"
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 14:55:40 +0200
Subject: [xml2rfc] ENTITY SYSTEM generated link returns 404 error

On 28.08.2010 14:32, I?aki Baz Castillo wrote:
>> Furthermore, for IDs, xml2rfc (AFAIR) already creates a proper link to
>> tools.ietf.org; it appears as hyperlink in the reference, not as additional
>> link at the end.
>
> Yes, I've verified that xml2rfc creates links to
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-XXXXX.txt

Oh, I thought it would create links to tools.ietf.org. I'd consider this
a bug, but it might be intentional to discourage citing expired stuff-

>>> Also, I would like to know how to get a link to the HTML version of a
>>> draft rather than just the TXT version.
>>
>> There's no official HTML version, so the answer depends on who produced the
>> draft, and whether an HTML version was published. (Or are you asking for the
>> HTML version generated from the TXT version, as done by tools.ietf.org?).
>
> Humm yes, I think that is exactly what I meant. For example if you
> open this HTML version of a draft:
>
>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-burke-vxml-03
>
> there you can see a reference to draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12
> [MRCPv2]. By clicking such link you get also an HTML link to the
> referenced draft:
>
>    http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12
>

> In xml2rpc, a reference to a RFCNNNN becomes a link to
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfcNNNN. Why couldn't a reference to a
> draft-xxxxx become a link to ttp://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xxxxx?
>
> Thanks a lot for your help and explanations.

See above.

It appears you're concerned with the generated HTML only, right? In this
case I recommend that you rfc2629.xslt for HTML generation; it emits
much better and readable HTML anyway (disclaimer: I wrote it, so I have
to say that :-).

Best regards, Julian