[xml2rfc] shorter refs to i-ds

GK@ninebynine.org (Graham Klyne) Mon, 11 November 2002 08:35 UTC

From: GK@ninebynine.org
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 08:35:56 +0000
Subject: [xml2rfc] shorter refs to i-ds

A maybe simpler suggestion:  if the reference tag is longer than some
length (say 12-16 chars), wrap the following text to a new line?

E.g.

[[
    [I-D.ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3]
                    Gupta, M. and S. Deering, "IP Version
                    6 Addressing Architecture", draft-
                    ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v3-11 (work in
                    progress), October 2002.

    [RFC2434]       Narten, T. and H. Alvestrand,
                    "Guidelines for Writing an IANA
                    Considerations Section in RFCs", BCP
                    26, RFC 2434, October 1998.
]]

(I'm guessing that most I-D refs will become RFCs in the lifetime of a
draft, so any problem sort-of dissipates.)

#g