Re: [xrblock] Poll for milestones

Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com> Thu, 12 April 2012 05:50 UTC

From: Qin Wu <bill.wu@huawei.com>
To: Shida Schubert <shida@ntt-at.com>, xrblock <xrblock@ietf.org>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:47:46 +0800
Subject: Re: [xrblock] Poll for milestones

Hi,
I am interested in taking on these work. Here is my review to draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-xr-jb-02 pertaining to the second milestones.

1. Boillerplate
It seems copyright boilerplate and memo status boilerplate are both not correct and should be updated to the latest one.

2. Section 1.1, Paragraph 4
To get alignment with Monarch draft, suggest the following change to the last paragraph of section 1.1.

OLD Text:

"

   Instances of this Metrics Block refer by tag to the separate
   auxiliary Measurement Identity block [MEASIDENT] which contains
   information such as the SSRC of the measured stream, and RTP sequence
   numbers and time intervals indicating the span of the report.
"

NEW Text

"

    Instances of this Metrics Block refer by SSRC to the separate

   auxiliary Measurement Information block [MEASIDENT] which contains

   information such as the SSRC of the measured stream, and RTP sequence

   numbers and time intervals indicating the span of the report.

"

3. Section 1.3

Reference [PMOLFRAME] should be updated to RFC6390.

To get consistent with section 1.3 in draft-ietf-xrblock- rtcp-xr-meas-identity and draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch, I propose the following change.

OLD text

"

   The Performance Metrics Framework [PMOLFRAME] provides guidance on
   the definition and specification of performance metrics.  Metrics
   described in this draft either reference external definitions or
   define metrics generally in accordance with the guidelines in
   [PMOLFRAME].

"

New text

"

The Performance Metrics Framework [RFC6390] provides guidance on

  the definition and specification of performance metrics. The RTP Monitoring

  Architectures[MONARCH] provides guideline for reporting

block format using RTCP XR.  Metrics described in this draft are in accordance

 with the guidelines in [RFC6390][MOARCH].

"

4. Section 2, 1st paragraph

Section 1.1, paragraph 3 metric defined in this document belong to terminal metric.

Section 2, paragraph1 said this metric can be sent either from RTP end system or RTP mixer.

This need to be consistent.

5. Section 2.1, figure 1

To get alignment with draft-ietf-avtcore-monarch, the tag field in the figure 1 and related description should be removed

And 32 bit SSRC field should be inserted after Block header and related description to this field should be provided.

6. Section 2.1 the definition of block length

Due to one word SSRC field inserted in this block, the block length should be changed into 3.

Regards!

-Qin