Re: [6lowpan] Slight problem with format document

gabriel montenegro <gabriel_montenegro_2000@yahoo.com> Thu, 18 January 2007 08:42 UTC

Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:42:37 -0800
From: gabriel montenegro <gabriel_montenegro_2000@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [6lowpan] Slight problem with format document
To: Mario Mao <mariomao@gmail.com>, Geoff Mulligan <geoff@mulligan.com>, 6lowpan <6lowpan@lists.ietf.org>

Comment on this:

"In a word, 6lowpan node could only compress

the IID that derives from IEEE 802.15.4 MAC address. I think that point should

be emphasized in draft, isn't it?"

I think this draft talking about IPv6 over 802.15.4, "link-layer" refers to the underlying 802.15.4 link-layer, so the point above
seems superfluous.

Ok, in the interest of clarifying, I've tentatively changed this in section 10.1:

   the IPv6
   bottom 64 bits can be inferred from the layer two source and
   destinationto this:

     the IPv6 interface identifiers
    (bottom 64 bits) for the source or destination addresses can be
     inferred from the layer two source and destination addresses (of course,
    this is only possible for interface identifiers derived
    from an underlying 802.15.4 MAC address)

Does this work?

-gabriel