[alto] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-19: (with DISCUSS)

Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org> Mon, 17 January 2022 15:09 UTC

From: Francesca Palombini via Datatracker <noreply@ietf.org>
To: The IESG <iesg@ietf.org>
Cc: draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto@ietf.org, alto-chairs@ietf.org, alto@ietf.org, Vijay Gurbani <vijay.gurbani@gmail.com>, vijay.gurbani@gmail.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 07:09:45 -0800
Subject: [alto] Francesca Palombini's Discuss on draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-19: (with DISCUSS)

Francesca Palombini has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto-19: Discuss

introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-alto-cdni-request-routing-alto/

DISCUSS:

Thank you for the work on this document, and for partly addressing my previous
DISCUSS.

Many thanks to Thomas Fossati for his in-depth review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/art/MKG2Cdin96WLcksnA6nAu6pvThM/ , and to
Alexey Melnikov for his media-types review:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/media-types/uGakYYYPVjBEwei9isTaluPwhDE/.

Only 2 small changes noted by Alexey are still missing - quoting the relevant
text in his mail
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/media-types/LU4gHAY4fQZ6vK7rh8pdSfDwTO0/:

1. >>     Also when you split the registration template into 2 it would be
   >>     good to have a sentence here explaining how the two formats differ.
>

> Thanks for the suggestion. Could you kindly give us some further
> examples about what should be explained? Do we need to explain the
> different cases where the two subtypes should be used, or just explain
> the difference between the two registration forms?

The former. If I as an implementor read the registration, I need to
decide whether or not I should implement processing of this particular
media type.

2. I've just realized that you are also missing "Fragment identifier
considerations:" field after this one. (See RFC 6838) Having it as "N/A"
is fine.

Francesca