Re: [alto] New draft on use cases for ALTO & CDNs

stefano previdi <sprevidi@cisco.com> Thu, 28 April 2011 18:47 UTC

From: stefano previdi <sprevidi@cisco.com>
To: Jan Medved <jmedved@juniper.net>, Ben Niven-Jenkins <ben@niven-jenkins.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 20:43:49 +0200
Cc: Nabil N Bitar <nabil.n.bitar@verizon.com>, alto@ietf.org, Grant Watson <grant.watson@bt.com>
Subject: Re: [alto] New draft on use cases for ALTO & CDNs

Ben, Jan, Nabil, Grant, Richard, Richard, Reinaldo,

thinking more about it, I believe the requirements will have to be put
into a separate draft, for clarity.

I agree with Jan about the duplication of text between alto-cdn and your
draft so we should merge. Therefore, I'd propose the following plan:

Co-authors of alto-cdn and jenkins draft meet and propose a unified
use cases description draft. At this stage most of the work will be just
editorial (cut/paste) as we clearly agree on the content (i.e.: use case
description).

It would be good to come reasonably soon with a proposal to the WG.

How does it sound ?

s.

On Apr 28, 2011, at 8:27 PM, Ben Niven-Jenkins wrote:

> Jan, Stefano, Colleagues,
>
> On 28 Apr 2011, at 16:30, Jan Medved wrote:
>> On 4/28/11 2:58 AM, "stefano previdi" <sprevidi@cisco.com> wrote:
>>> splitting the current alto-cdn document makes sense to me and we
>>> need to define:
>>> a. use cases
>>> b. requirements