Re: [alto] Re-chartering guidance(Internet mail)

"yanniszhang(张云飞)" <yanniszhang@tencent.com> Fri, 17 July 2020 01:27 UTC

From: "yanniszhang(张云飞)" <yanniszhang@tencent.com>
To: yry <yry@cs.yale.edu>, Vijay Gurbani <vijay.gurbani@gmail.com>
CC: IETF ALTO <alto@ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 01:26:54 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.28.2.16]
Subject: Re: [alto] Re-chartering guidance(Internet mail)

+1. Thanks Richard for the proposal.

BR
Yunfei

________________________________
yanniszhang(张云飞)

From: Y. Richard Yang<mailto:yry@cs.yale.edu>
Date: 2020-07-17 07:51
To: Vijay Gurbani<mailto:vijay.gurbani@gmail.com>
CC: IETF ALTO<mailto:alto@ietf.org>
Hi Vijay, Jan, Martin,

Thanks a lot! Personally, I like the decision. It can be more efficient and then lead to better results.

As for the discussion leader, you can be a good, natural choice :-) Other potential candidates I see can include Sabine, Luis, Yunfei, and me, as these four people are already quite familiar with the existing documents, and also engaged in the many side meetings---there are multiple other younger candidates attending the many side meetings as well, but we may reduce their burden a bit.

My proposal is that the chairs and the AD just approach one, and I have a strong belief that the others will just support---one very nice thing, which I like a lot about the alto WG, is that the members have strong collaborations and provide each other with very strong support. Hence, I see no problem with picking any of the five. These people come from different "segments": Sabine (Nokia, equipment), Luis (Telefonica, ISP), Yunfei (Tencent, app), Vijay (chair), and me (academia), and a single "leader" need the support of other segments anyway.

Just my 2cents.
Richard