Re: [Anima-bootstrap] [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-core-coap-est-00.txt

peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl> Mon, 31 October 2016 08:24 UTC

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 09:24:47 +0100
From: peter van der Stok <stokcons@xs4all.nl>
To: Julien Vermillard <jvermillard@gmail.com>
Cc: Anima-bootstrap <anima-bootstrap@ietf.org>, Core <core@ietf.org>, consultancy@vanderstok.org
Subject: Re: [Anima-bootstrap] [core] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-vanderstok-core-coap-est-00.txt

Hi Julien,

thanks for your interest.
Many thanks for this comment.
We urgently needed a write-up for "EST over coaps" within the context of
commissioning IoT devices.
The use of other means than certificates seemed very unlikely to us,
given the quantity of devices and other installation constraints.

However, when the need exists for PSK based authentication, we probably
need to put that in as well.
As stated below, we want to integrate the draft with the work done in
coap-bootstrap, and there PSK based authentication was originally
foreseen.

I hope this answers your question,

Peter