Re: Zone Name Change Prototype

John Norstad <j-norstad@nwu.edu> Thu, 22 April 1993 17:08 UTC

Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1993 10:13:42 -0500
To: apple-ip@cayman.com
Sender: ietf-archive-request@IETF.CNRI.Reston.VA.US
From: John Norstad <j-norstad@nwu.edu>
Subject: Re: Zone Name Change Prototype

This sounds wonderful to me. The fact that Apple has managed to develop a
working prototype in such a short period of time is especially encouraging.
The solution is more complicated than what I had envisioned, but it solves
more problems - router discovery, retaining internet connectivity, and end
node handling. This is all very good stuff.

Again, I encourage you to consider including this in the new MIB, so that
we can expedite early implementation.

BTW, I'm going to miss this mailing list when the ANF gets off the ground.
I will not be an ANF member, and I know the University will not fund any
travel to ANF meetings or events, but I'd like to keep in touch with the
work of the ANF somehow. Will the ANF as a whole or its working groups have
Internet mailing lists like the apple-ip list?

John Norstad
Academic Computing and Network Services
Northwestern University
j-norstad@nwu.edu