Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04.txt> (The Unicode code points and IDNA - Unicode 6.0) to Proposed Standard

Patrik Fältström <patrik@frobbit.se> Sun, 29 May 2011 15:50 UTC

From: Patrik Fältström <patrik@frobbit.se>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 13:25:38 +0200
To: John C Klensin <john-ietf@jck.com>
Cc: apps-discuss@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Last Call: <draft-faltstrom-5892bis-04.txt> (The Unicode code points and IDNA - Unicode 6.0) to Proposed Standard

FWIW, although I agree with John and expect me getting a fair number of editorial corrections because of English not being my native language when this document hit the RFC editor, I have slightly changed the first paragraph in the upcoming new version to the following:

(sorry, can not generate TXT now, but you get the point...)

If you have other suggested changes, let me know.

   was defined when <xref target="Unicode5.2">version 5.0 (later
   updated to version 5.2)</xref> was the current version of Unicode,
   and it also defines a derived property value based on that algorithm.
   Unicode 6.0 has changed GeneralCategory of three code points that
   where allocated in Unicode 5.2 or earlier. This imply the derived
   property value differs depending on whether the property definitions
   used are from Unicode 5.2 or 6.0.
</t>

   Patrik