4. Survey - Consent Model - Tokens (was Re: [Asrg] Nothing will stop spam???)

Yakov Shafranovich <research@solidmatrix.com> Mon, 14 July 2003 00:47 UTC

To: "C. Wegrzyn" <wegrzyn@garbagedump.com>, Kee Hinckley <nazgul@somewhere.com>
From: Yakov Shafranovich <research@solidmatrix.com>
Subject: 4. Survey - Consent Model - Tokens (was Re: [Asrg] Nothing will stop spam???)
Cc: Selby Hatch <selby_hatch@azza.com>, Asrg@ietf.org
Sender: asrg-admin@ietf.org
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 20:44:53 -0400

Tokens can be based on a challenge/response mechanism, can be verified by
trusted third parties such as CAs, etc. The whole notion of "consent
tokens" is really a very generic terms that can encompass all types of
tokens. The consent framework and any consent protocols must be able to
support multiple token types, and allow for extensibility so new token
types can be defined.

Yakov