Re: [auth48] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9313 <draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison-04> for your review

Gabor LENCSE <lencse@hit.bme.hu> Wed, 21 September 2022 05:43 UTC

Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 14:41:42 +0900
To: Rebecca VanRheenen <rvanrheenen@amsl.com>, richard.patterson@sky.uk, jordi.palet@theipv6company.com, lee@asgard.org, ian.farrer@telekom.de
Cc: RFC Editor <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, v6ops-ads@ietf.org, v6ops-chairs@ietf.org, rbonica@juniper.net, Warren Kumari <warren@kumari.net>, auth48archive@rfc-editor.org, Gábor LENCSE <lencse@hit.bme.hu>
From: Gabor LENCSE <lencse@hit.bme.hu>
Subject: Re: [auth48] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9313 <draft-ietf-v6ops-transition-comparison-04> for your review

Dear Rebecca,

All corrections are OK for me.

However, I have just noticed a bug in the text above Table 3. The text is:

"Presence or absence of _NAPT44_ per-flow state in the operator network."

But NAPT44 is just WRONG here. NAPT44 indeed happens at the customer
side in the case of the three other solutions. But the stateful
translation that happens in the operator network is NOT NAPT44. (In the
case of 464XLAT it is stateful NAT64. In the case of DS-Lite it looks
like NAPT44, but also the softwire ID is a part of the tuple.) Anyway,
the exact type of the translation is not interesting, the point is that
there is a per-flow state.

Could you just remove the word "NAPT44"?

OLD:

Presence or absence of _NAPT44_ per-flow state in the operator network.

NEW:

"Presence or absence of per-flow state in the operator network."

Maybe this type of correction is not simply editorial, and thus it needs
an AD approval?

Warren, could please you approve the above change?

Best regards,

Gábor