Re: [auth48] [IANA] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9353 <draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-13> for your review

Megan Ferguson <mferguson@amsl.com> Thu, 05 January 2023 18:14 UTC

From: Megan Ferguson <mferguson@amsl.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2023 13:14:17 -0500
Cc: Dhruv Dhody <dhruv.ietf@gmail.com>, "Acee Lindem (acee)" <acee=40cisco.com@dmarc.ietf.org>, "rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org" <rfc-editor@rfc-editor.org>, "diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com" <diego.r.lopez@telefonica.com>, "bill.wu@huawei.com" <bill.wu@huawei.com>, "maqiufang1@huawei.com" <maqiufang1@huawei.com>, "daniel@olddog.co.uk" <daniel@olddog.co.uk>, "lsr-ads@ietf.org" <lsr-ads@ietf.org>, "lsr-chairs@ietf.org" <lsr-chairs@ietf.org>, "jgs@juniper.net" <jgs@juniper.net>, "auth48archive@rfc-editor.org" <auth48archive@rfc-editor.org>, "acee.ietf@gmail.com" <acee.ietf@gmail.com>
To: iana@iana.org
Subject: Re: [auth48] [IANA] AUTH48: RFC-to-be 9353 <draft-ietf-lsr-pce-discovery-security-support-13> for your review

IANA,

We would like to request a title change to a registry as described in the following communication with the authors:

> 13) <!--[rfced] Should the title change for the following IANA registry?
>      We note that RFC 5086 expanded PCED on first use and capped
>      "sub-" when in a title.  If these changes are agreeable, we will
>      communicate them to IANA during AUTH48 and update the text of
>      this document accordingly.  See:
>      https://www.iana.org/assignments/igp-parameters/igp-parameters.xhtml:
>
> Current:
> PCED sub-TLV Type Indicator
>
> Perhaps:
> PCE Discovery (PCED) Sub-TLV Type Indicator
>
> >From RFC 5089:
>    This document defines a new sub-TLV (named the PCE Discovery (PCED))
>    to be carried within the IS-IS Router Capability TLV ([RFC4971]).
> -->
>

> Dhruv: Happy with the change!

We will await confirmation of this change prior to moving this document forward in the publication process.

Authors - Completion of this change by IANA will be recorded at http://www.rfc-editor.org/auth48/rfc9353.

Thank you.

RFC Editor/mf