Re: [Autoconf] On WG progress anddraft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model

Ulrich Herberg <ulrich@herberg.name> Thu, 29 October 2009 12:13 UTC

Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:13:50 +0100
From: Ulrich Herberg <ulrich@herberg.name>
To: "Holtzer, A.C.G. (Arjen)" <arjen.holtzer@tno.nl>
Cc: autoconf@ietf.org
Subject: Re: [Autoconf] On WG progress anddraft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model

Arjen, Ronald,

I hope that Ronald did not really ask you to say "me too" but rather
to state your own opinion on the list (whether that be "pro" or
"against") :-)

Please read draft-clausen-manet-autoconf-recommendations-00 if you did
not yet. This explains the rationale for using /32 and /128 prefixes.
It also explains what can go wrong when using shorter prefixes and the
symptoms thereof (ICMP redirects...)

Ulrich