Re: [BEHAVE] presentations at IETF82

David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net> Wed, 28 September 2011 21:47 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 23:49:08 +0200
From: David Harrington <ietfdbh@comcast.net>
To: Marc Blanchet <marc.blanchet@viagenie.ca>, Dan Wing <dwing@cisco.com>
Cc: behave@ietf.org, behave-chairs@tools.ietf.org
Subject: Re: [BEHAVE] presentations at IETF82

Hi,

There was a suggestion that behave should be shut down after its chartered
work was finished. As Responsible AD, I requested feedback from the WG. My
tendency is to favor  closing the WG after the work completes.

There is still some chartered work to be completed, so we are not closing
the WG yet.
Therefore a meeting is fully justified.

There was discussion of whether some existing proposals would justify a
new WG, or should be redirected to existing WGs. That analysis is still
ongoing, and there are BOFs in development, such as the multicast
transtion BOF, that might include some of the existing proposals. Some of
the work could end up being addressed in softwires. Some of the work could
end up being addressed in OPS area. New proposals may also be discussed at
the behave meeting. We have no desire to stop discussion of worthy ideas
while the IETF (and IESG) discusses how best to charter/organize the work
going forward.

David Harrington
Transport Area Director