Re: [Ietf-behave] TURN Issue #4: TLS TURN requests

Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com> Thu, 15 December 2005 09:53 UTC

From: Magnus Westerlund <magnus.westerlund@ericsson.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 01:53:16 -0800
Subject: Re: [Ietf-behave] TURN Issue #4: TLS TURN requests

Cullen Jennings wrote:
Interesting - given that draft-ietf-avt-rtp-framing-contrans  and
draft-ietf-mmusic-comedia-tls both seem to be proceeding, I'm surprised to
hear this. I would not be surprised to see more interest in RTP over TLS.
However neither of these drafts defines the procedure for
TCP/TLS/RTP/AVP, etc. The comedia TLS author was willing to have it in
his draft-ietf-mmusic-comedia-tls, however no one volunteered to write
the text. Thus it got cut out of that draft. No one has so far started
an separate draft. So unless a volunteer steps forward in AVT this
milestone and charter item will be removed.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: magnus.westerlund@xxxxxxxxxxxx