Re: [Bier] Request for WG Adoption//FW: New Version Notification for draft-xie-bier-ipv6-encapsulation-08.txt

"Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com> Sat, 18 July 2020 03:48 UTC

From: "Gengxuesong (Geng Xuesong)" <gengxuesong@huawei.com>
To: "gjshep@gmail.com" <gjshep@gmail.com>
CC: Tony Przygienda <tonysietf@gmail.com>, BIER WG <bier@ietf.org>, "bier-chairs@ietf.org" <bier-chairs@ietf.org>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 03:48:46 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.45.47.40]
Subject: Re: [Bier] Request for WG Adoption//FW: New Version Notification for draft-xie-bier-ipv6-encapsulation-08.txt

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your response.
It is a pity that there was no time for this topic in IETF 107 and the other interim meeting we have been waiting for was also cancelled.
Between IETF 107 and 108, we kept updating the document following the guidance of WG:

Ÿ   Ask advice from IPv6 experts online and offline, ensuring that IPv6 extensions defined in the document are reasonable;

Ÿ   Summary all the history discussions from WG(both mailing list and previous IETF meeting minutes), closing all the technical comments in the new version;
After the work, we believe the document is quite mature and we have heard a lot of voice from operators that they need a stateless multicast solution in an IPv6 network and they want to see more progress in the standard. So we request WG adoption in the mailing list, and many WG members show their positive attitude and support the request.
If you think it is necessary to present the draft in IETF 108, we are very willing to request a time slot and introduce the progress. The information is as follows:
Draft: draft-xie-bier-ipv6-encapsulation-08
Presenter: Xuesong Geng
Length: 10 minutes

Best Regards
Xuesong