Re: [bmwg] 2nd Tentative Agenda for the BMWG at the 56th IETF.

Scott Poretsky <sporetsky@avici.com> Mon, 10 March 2003 15:40 UTC

Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 10:42:55 -0500
To: Kevin Dubray <kdubray@juniper.net>, bmwg@ietf.org
From: Scott Poretsky <sporetsky@avici.com>
Subject: Re: [bmwg] 2nd Tentative Agenda for the BMWG at the 56th IETF.
Sender: bmwg-admin@ietf.org

Kevin,

Thanks for adding "Terminology for Benchmark Core Router Software Accelerated
    Life Testing" to the agenda.

I still _strongly_ believe that the terminology and methodology drafts that
I wrote for Data Plane Measurements to Benchmark IGP Convergence should be
on this agenda as well.  The approach and methodology is quite different
from that provided in items 1 and 2 below as those use Control Plane OSPF
Intra-area LSAs for Convergence benchmarking.  I think the differences
between the two sets of documents deserve discussion at the meeting by
_both_ authors.

I encourage other participants on this mailing list to voice their
opinions.  In fact, I will add that Russ White and I have come to agreement
that our documents can co-exist and be parallel work items.

See
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-igp-convergence-term-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-poretsky-igp-convergence-meth-00.txt
for Data Plane Measurements to Benchmark IGP Convergence.

Thanks,
Scott