[Ietf-calsify] UID issues hinted to in draft-daboo-calsify-issues-00.txt

Doug at Royer.com (Doug Royer) Mon, 01 August 2005 15:47 UTC

From: "Doug at Royer.com"
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:47:24 +0000
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] UID issues hinted to in draft-daboo-calsify-issues-00.txt

Skipped content of type multipart/mixed-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 4696 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
From Doug at Royer.com  Mon Aug  1 15:57:56 2005
From: Doug at Royer.com (Doug Royer)
Date: Mon Aug  1 15:58:05 2005
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Security and S/MIME draft-daboo-calsify-issues-00.txt

Skipped content of type multipart/mixed-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 4696 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
From jwn2 at qualcomm.com  Mon Aug  1 16:30:43 2005
From: jwn2 at qualcomm.com (John W Noerenberg II)
Date: Mon Aug  1 16:31:03 2005
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Final(?) agenda for CALSIFY tomorrow

At 3:14 PM -0700 8/1/05, John  W Noerenberg II wrote:
>At 12:40 PM +0200 8/1/05, Lisa Dusseault wrote:
>>CALSIFY is now scheduled for 9:00 am Tuesday.  That sucks for
>>people in US  who want to join us for Jabbering,
>
>I don't know if I'll make it, but if I do, since I'm still ajabber
>novice, where do I find you?

Nevermind.  I figured it out.
From lisa at osafoundation.org  Tue Aug  2 01:52:20 2005
From: lisa at osafoundation.org (Lisa Dusseault)
Date: Tue Aug  2 01:52:27 2005

Thanks for the clarifications Doug, and I can assure you there was no
intent to avoid communicating with you on your draft.  I wanted to discuss
timezone registries and services in CALSIFY independent of Ted's
comments.  As the discussion in the WG meeting showed today, although
CALSIFY's work may not block on timezone rationalization, timezone work
certainly does affect CALSIFY work and the draft needed to be pointed out
to CALSIFY participants.

I'm not sure what it means to say that IANA "wants to do" a registry.
It's my understanding that IANA implements registries (provided they're
technically able to) based on IETF recommendations resulting from IETF
review of proposals.  So it would seem more important whether the IETF
wants IANA to do a registry (and how) and the CALSIFY WG discussion raised
a few important questions about that.

Lisa