RE: WG Consensus Call: draft-swallow-gmpls-overlay-00.txt

"Lin, Zhi-Wei (Zhi)" <zwlin@lucent.com> Tue, 03 December 2002 21:06 UTC

From: "Lin, Zhi-Wei (Zhi)" <zwlin@lucent.com>
To: Ashok Narayanan <ashokn@cisco.com>, Kireeti Kompella <kireeti@juniper.net>
Cc: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: WG Consensus Call: draft-swallow-gmpls-overlay-00.txt
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:06:04 -0500

Hi all,

Actually the work been done in the ITU-T deals specifically with the overlay, at least the application that operators have identified as been important to them. These documents are planned to be consented at the Jan ITU-T meeting (G.7713.x series). ITU-T has communicated to the IETF regarding this work for some time now (I'm bad at remembering dates but you can probably trace back the emails or the liaison statements).

In addition, I have submitted two I-Ds, one on requirements and another on protocol extensions needed to support the overlay. It is my understanding that the protocol extensions document has passed through IESG review and sent off to the RFC editors already?

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lin-ccamp-gmpls-ason-rqts-00.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lin-ccamp-gmpls-ason-rsvpte-04.txt

You can see the status of the ...rsvpte-04 document from the IESG status tracker
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi

Zhi