[CCAMP] R: R: Framework and Information model for G.709 Optical Transport Networks (OTN) consideration post-IETF82

"BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com> Thu, 01 December 2011 09:30 UTC

From: "BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)" <sergio.belotti@alcatel-lucent.com>
To: Lou Berger <lberger@labn.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 10:29:56 +0100
acceptlanguage: en-US
Cc: CCAMP <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: [CCAMP] R: R: Framework and Information model for G.709 Optical Transport Networks (OTN) consideration post-IETF82

Lou,

See in line

BR

Sergio

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: Lou Berger [mailto:lberger@labn.net]
Inviato: mercoledì 30 novembre 2011 13.34
A: BELOTTI, SERGIO (SERGIO)
Cc: CCAMP; John E Drake

Sergio,
	At a minimum, the solutions draft MUST cover what happens when a
pre-G709v3 (or non-G709v3) GMPLS node exchanges CP messages with a
G709v3 GMPLS node.  For example, what happens when a G709v3 GMPLS node
exchanges messages with a node supporting only LSC or ethernet. You can
even just state something as simple as what's in rfc6002 section 2.1.
This is just a matter of correct protocol behavior and should not be a
"big" deal or discussion.

SB> Sure

You seem to also want to cover G.709v1 and G709v3 interoperability.
This is a fine thing to consider, but has nothing to do with the comment.