Re: [CCAMP] Discussion on how to carry the Global_ID

Francesco Fondelli <francesco.fondelli@gmail.com> Tue, 07 February 2012 13:14 UTC

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 14:14:18 +0100
From: Francesco Fondelli <francesco.fondelli@gmail.com>
To: zhang.fei3@zte.com.cn
Cc: "ccamp@ietf.org" <ccamp@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [CCAMP] Discussion on how to carry the Global_ID

Hi,

if this is the only use case I strongly suggest you to make anything
related to Z9-Tunnel_Num OPTIONAL in signaling (dunno if this is the case
in your I-D). Please.

BTW, I'm wondering... if this is just about MEP ID what's the relation of
your I-D and this one:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-te-mpls-tp-oam-ext-07

Why not simply assume that A1-Tunnel_Num == Z9-Tunnel_Num ? (for co-routed
bidi) and leave GMPLS in peace?

thanks
ciao
FF