RE: Optical Link Interface

John Drake <jdrake@calient.net> Wed, 25 July 2001 18:36 UTC

From: John Drake <jdrake@calient.net>
To: 'Andre Fredette' <fredette@photonex.com>, 'Osama Aboul-Magd' <osama@nortelnetworks.com>
Cc: Jonathan Lang <jplang@calient.net>, ccamp@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: Optical Link Interface
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 11:36:48 -0700

As an aside, the LMP-WDM and NTIP authors did have several phone conferences
prior to the last IETF, and the NTIP authors indicated that folding the
contents of LMP-WDM draft into the NTIP draft would be an acceptable
solution to them.  Presumably this would allow it to be called NTIP.

 Since then, they've also indicated that the LMP-WDM protocol is fine, but
it can't have the letters LMP in its name.

Thanks,

John